September 6: Fashion Takes to the Streets
Tonight is the kickoff of New York’s venerable fall Fashion Week. Fashion’s Night Out will bring New York’s fashonista’s to the city streets for an evening of shopping, entertainment and of course Champagne! For complete event info visit the official FNO site. Courtesy of NY Mag here are some of most interesting picks for the evening:
- Spray tan with Miss North Dakota at the B. Bronze event hosted by the Spa Merge at the Hilton. 102-108 West 57th Street, 6- 11 PM
- Immortalize your Fashion’s Night Out memories with Bergdorf Goodman’s ample supply of photographers and photobooths, ready to snap your pic. 754 Fifth Avenue, 5th Floor, 6- 9 PM
- Complete your evening look with the Rebecca Minkoff progressive beauty bar located in fashion bastion Saks Fifth Avenue. 611 Fifth Avenue, 6- 10 PM
- Michael Kors tries his hand at judging another sort of competition. Those wanting to showcase their talents can head to his store where Kate Upton will help judge a Justin Beberesque, YouTube style karaoke contest. 667 Madison Avenue, 6- 11 PM
- Hope around the Meatpacking District for a never-ending parade of sips, bites and celebs to fuel your shopping. Meatpacking District, 6- 11 PM
September 7- 9: Hammer Away!
This weekend brings the 2nd Annual Hammer & Claws Blue Crab Feast! Close out the end of the season with this classic summertime pig-out. The $89 tickets include three hours of all-you-can-eat blue crab, all-you-can-drink beer, sides and entertainment in a family style, authentic crab boil setting. Hammer & Claws will run four boil sessions this weekend though the Saturday afternoon session is already sold out! Buy your tickets asap for the remaining three here. Hammer & Claws Blue Crab Feast, The Tunnel @ The Terminal Stores, $89, 269 11th Ave, Fri & Sat 8- 11 PM, Sun 12- 3 PM.
September 8: The Whole Pig
Seafood not your thing? Well then you are in luck. For those land-lovers, Meatopia is your end-of-summer solution. The third annual installation of the festivals heads to Randall’s Island this Saturday. City of Meat is the theme and celebrity chefs including Marc Forgione, April Bloomfield and Michael White will be on hand serving up their creations to the backdrop of live music and entertainment including a 1,000-pound steer roast hosted by meat king Pat LaFrieda himself. General admission is $140 and includes all festivities from 5- 9 PM. Meatopia tickets can be purchased here. Meatopia, $140, Randall’s Island Great Lawn, 5- 9 PM.
September 8: Tiki Fashion
Les Salonnieres is hosting a tiki style dinner party to kick off the start of NYC Fashion Week. The dinner will feature traditional Polynesian style dishes, drinks and entertainment for a limbo-friendly evening. Tickets can be purchased here and cost $55 for dinner from 6:30- 8:30. Those who are looking for a late night party can pay an additional $5 for access to the after-hours Salon. Les Salonnieres, Secret Williamsburg location, 6:30- 8:30 PM or 1 AM.
September 9: Broadway Comes to Broadway
Broadways best performers join forces for a free blow out extravaganza. The All-Star showing will take place in Times Square just in time for the launch of fall show season. For full event info, visit the Broadway on Broadway official page at www.broadwayonbroadway.com. Times Square, 11:30 AM, free.
September 12: Not Your Typical Workday Lunch
Head down to the World Financial Center’s Winter Garden for a multi-cultural lunch. Noodlepalooza will provide sample lunch size dishes from an array of prestigious vendors all for $5 or less. Bring an appetite for this memorable lunch break. World Financial Center, Winter Garden, 220 Vesey Street, 11 AM- 2 PM
September 16: No Longer a Secret
Um Segredo’s David Santos is bringing the ultimate end-of-summer bash to NYC’s little visited Roosevelt Island. The “shrimptacular” event will, as the name suggests, feature loads of fresh shrimp boil, clams, sides and endless PBR’s. The $65 tickets gets you three hours of feasting with views of the Manhattan skyline. Full event info and tickets can be found here. PierNYC, 425 Main Street, Roosevelt Island, 3- 6 PM, $65